The Head Aerial Coach is a vital member of AcroSports’ Coaching Team, working collaboratively with other Program and Administrative Managers and Specialists to continue the development and oversight of the Aerial Program as it relates to the AcroSports mission. The Head Aerial Coach will be an ambassador by modeling AcroSports’ philosophy, vision, and values. This is a senior coaching role; the head Coach is expected to lead by example and foster team morale.
Position: Head Aerial Coach
FLSA Type: Non-exempt; Part-time
Reports To: Youth & Adult Program Specialists
Starting Rate: Depending on experience
Hours: Min 5hrs/week coaching + 1hr/week admin, schedule TBD
Perks: Staff Gym Use
Program Specific Duties:
- Has substantial knowledge in the technical aspects of aerial arts and is willing to explore new theories and procedures important to keeping the program relevant.
- Works in conjunction with the other aerial coaches to develop and refine curriculum bi-annually.
- Is responsible for the general upkeep, protection, inventory, and inspection of all aerial equipment.
- Establishes the fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques to be taught by the coaches. Arranges meetings, clinics, and group communication to ensure staff familiarness of the overall program.
- Takes on specific duties, supervises implementation, and analyzes effectiveness at the end of the session.
- Fosters positive team morale amongst coaches, students, and families.
- Provides students with an atmosphere in which each child is treated with respect; makes opportunities available to improve skill development, and creates a climate conducive to accumulation of knowledge through a cooperative learning experience.
- Has the ability, desire, and knowledge to be totally conscious of the sensitive nature of childhood development.
- Is responsible for all student evaluations and progress tracking throughout the year.
- Communications with parents where appropriate.
- Advises the Youth & Adult Specialists and recommends policies, methods, or procedural changes.
- Assists the Youth & Adult Specialists in class and event scheduling, and requirements for the aerial program.
- Has a thorough knowledge of all AcroSports policies.
- Conducts oneself in an appropriate professional manner, serving as a role model for AcroSports students.
- Understands the proper administrative line of command; refers all requests or grievances through proper channels; aware of all public/staff/departmental meetings that require their attendance.
Fill out the form below to submit your cover letter and resume.
Or you can email us
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Preschool Gymnastics Instructor position”. This position is open until filled.
AcroSports is an EOE organization that values & welcomes diversity in the workplace; ALL qualified applicants are encouraged to apply!
AcroSports is a COVID-safe workplace that complies with all state and local public health mandates.