Message from our Director
I hope this message finds you, your family, and all the people you hold dear doing well.
The decision of when to reopen AcroSports is, in large part, a public health decision. We continue to reference www.sfdph.org or www.sf72.org and the CDC’s website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov as they are authorities in this matter. AcroSports is taking the decision of when and how to open our doors very seriously. You can be assured that we will have taken all the precautionary measures needed to ensure our community will be returning to a thoroughly safe environment before we reinstitute regular programs.
What AcroSports is doing to prepare for reopening:
· Extensive cleaning and power washing of the main gym, including the application of two fresh coats of paint on the walls.
· Replacing the foam in both the upstairs and downstairs pits.
· Installing several industrial AIR Scrubbers to draw in air from the surrounding environment and pass it through filters, effectively scrubbing the air and removing any contaminants. As an added plus, these scrubbers also clean and deodorize areas where unpleasant odors may linger.
· Increasing the number of accessible hand sanitizers throughout the building, in the office, and at the front desk.
· Installing Equipment Cleaning Stations on both floors, stocked with disinfectant wipes to wipe down equipment between uses.
· Regularly disinfecting and deodorizing equipment and carpet-bonded foam via recently purchased commercial disinfectant sprayers.
See the Safety Standard Guidelines we are following here.
During this most critical phase of shelter in place, and as the number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 continues to rise, students and families are urged to keep practicing the guidance provided by public health officers including:
Staying home and limiting essential activities where possible
Washing hands often with soap and water
Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
Contacting your healthcare provider if you experience any symptoms such as fever, cough, or difficulty breathing
Wearing face coverings (but not medical-grade masks)
Adhering closely to social distancing guidelines
These are challenging and uncertain times, but I feel confident that as an organization and community, we can get through this together.
Founder and Executive Director